Serving South Los Angeles, Bell, Bell Gardens, Compton, Cudahy, Downey, Huntington Park, Lynwood, Maywood, Paramount, South Gate, Vernon
South Los Angeles Health Projects
Nectar Slide #2
This is another caption
Families grow healthy with WIC!
You want to be healthy and raise a healthy family. But sometimes that’s difficult. We’re here for you!
You can join WIC if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding a baby who’s less than 1 year old
- Had a baby in the last 6 months
- Have children under 5 years of age
- Miscarried recently
- and meet income guidelines
Single dads, foster parents, grandparents, stepparents, and guardians with children under age 5 can join WIC too!
What are the benefits of joining WIC?
- One-on-one sessions about nutrition, breastfeeding and health
- Answers to your questions while you are pregnant and as your child grows
- Breastfeeding support
- Parent sessions for you and others with a trained WIC educator
- A chance to speak with a WIC nutritionist if you have a health problem or concerns about your child’s development
- Referrals to healthcare programs and other community resources
- Checks for healthy foods
WIC center locations
You can find our comfortable WIC centers in or near:
- Bell Gardens
- Huntington Park
- Los Angeles
- South Gate